Assistant Manager, BoozeHound Craft Bar
- Based at Cutlery Works, Sheffield
- Part time
- £9.50 p/h, moving up to £10.50 p/h after probationary period
- Must be able to drive, and occasionally may be required to travel during festival season
- Must have previous bar experience at manager or supervisor level (minimum)
- Track record of great customer service
- A strong interest in craft beer desirable
Although we enjoy being hands on (because we love beer!), you will be given plenty of space to work autonomously and make this role your own. Strong customer service is a must - outgoing, chatty and someone who can be an excellent representative of our brand.
The role will be predominately based at the Cutlery Works in Kelham Island, Sheffield. However, we are a fluid bar company operating across several sites and seasonal events, and you will have the opportunity to manage bar teams at music festivals, country shows, weddings and food festivals. We do need a driver unfortunately, as this role will involve picking up and dropping off stock from storage on a weekly basis.
Due to the present COVID-19 pandemic, and the uncertainty it brings, this will start as a part-time role, with the view to increase hours once we are able to trade with some consistency.
With BoozeHound currently expanding, there is an opportunity for the right person to develop their career and work their way up the ladder alongside us, helping build and run our business across multiple sites and disciplines.
We are also keen to integrate you into our company culture, and if you are enthusiastic about beer you will be welcomed on brewery visits, beer expos, conferences and meeting various suppliers.
Opening up, and closing the bar:
- Setting up and making the bar presentable for service. Setting up the till system, and managing itinerary online.
- Meeting members of bar staff, and ensuring they are briefed about products and prepped for making sales.
- Overseeing and cleaning the bar at the end of shifts and locking away assets.
Running the bar:
- Managing staff and staff breaks, and ensuring they have everything they need to make sales.
- Being proactive and ensuring the bar is well stocked with glassware and product in preparation for busy periods.
- Providing excellent customer service and being extremely knowledgeable about the products we have on offer.
- Continuously proactive with ideas and general upkeep.
- Changing Barrels as and when needed.
- Stock take and line cleaning every week.
- Manage the product wastage – ensure staff are recording wastage and initiate processes that keep wastage to a minimum.
- Fetching or dropping off excess stock to our storage unit.
- Seeing in deliveries and adding to our stock roster.
- Managing BoozeHound events taking place at Cutlery Works
- Travelling occasionally to supervise bars at external events and chipping in with the onsite preparation of these.
- We also run online sales for beverages and merchandise, some of which from Cutlery Works, which you will be required to assist with operationally (packing boxes etc..).
Please send a short intro about yourself and a CV via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please state in the subject line the position you are applying for.